Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Baseball

Today, Dad and I went to the Louisville Bats game. They played the Indianapolis Indians and beat them 8-2. It was a very exciting game and I got a squishy baseball that dad caught when they threw it up into the stands. I also got a snow cone, popcorn, and a hotdog.

This was the best game we've been to because the Bats won. We also had better seats and could see the bridges going over the Ohio River and airplanes flying over on their way to the airport. There were several stolen bases, home runs and strikeouts. It was the best!

Pee Wee Reese statue in front of stadium.



We had great seats!


The umpire was so cool when he called strikes!

Here's one of my favorite players...Short Stop Paul Janish


The last out of the game...and the season.


The players celebrated after winning their last game of the season.


After the game, I got to run the bases on the field!

Here is a video of Braden running the bases after the game. He is wearing an orange shirt and is seen coming to third base and around to home plate (I'll get more clear footage next time!). Click on the play arrow to view.